Wednesday, December 31, 2008

SYM Artist Profile #2 *** HIMSELF ***


HIMSELF




Writer, song writer, rapper, performer, loved, hated, respected, envied, laughed at, ridiculed and appreciated a member of the Netherworlds and friend to some of your favorite rappers. Happy, sad, frustrated, content, disappointed, satisfied, humble, confidant, energetic, lazy, motivated, uninspired and I uses hella post-its. Terrible with names, worse with telephone numbers, can always remember a face but never where I know it from and tired of trying to act like I remember. Tired, insomniac, night owl, morning bird, social butter fly, recluse, I drive alone when I have no where to go I make up elaborate stories so I can be by myself I drive to the beach often, but often i stay in my car and watch the water from the drivers seat. I’m addicted to life and all the emotions that come with it even though I can rarely sleep through a whole night due to them. My name is Himself. And i will lay hands on anybody who uses my name in vain.








Himself is a member of the Netherworlds w/ MURS and Anacron.

"Murs, Himnself and Anacron meld B-boy tradition with of-the-moment gangster character. Think of NWA disposition with updated lyracism and an electified beat to back. Cut-and-dried yet advance, Pals is something fresh." - Urb

"Not only does Anacron's combination of head-bopping drums and electronic instrumentation make a perfect setback for Netherworlds, but also proves to be some of the most original beats in some time." - Ugsmag.

"there's not really much to say, apart from that it feels somewhat unneeded to even call this dope, as that seems to have been inevitable. However, for all those that only trust the written word: this is dope. Dope in an universal kind of way, and even doper for those that enjoy the left coast mentality, blueprint and ways of doing things. So take this in with a bear hug" - Urbansmarts.com